Thank you for joining us in the alpha phase, we look forward to your feedback and suggestions!
Before joining us in the alpha test of Open Dev Kit, we have a few things to go over first as well as some known issues:
- We ask that you please do not share screenshots or videos of the software outside of the #odk-alpha channel on our discord server (https://discord.gg/4sTJVV5). The UI design, layout, themes, documentation and functionality are all in alpha stages and are subject to change and improve over time.
- For software support, please see the #odk-alpha channel on discord. If you can not see this channel after you have been given software access let us know!
- Although we will do our best to carry over projects/data outside of the alpha, we can not guarantee that this will be the case.
- Performance will be slow, this is due to various debugging tools still in place and optimizations not started.
- The software comes with very limited assets included.
- Programming is very “Barebones” compared to 001, certain aspects will definitely get easier to use over time.
- We only support Windows at this time, although there is plans for multi-platform support of both the editor and exported projects.
- Instead of “Maps” and “Interfaces” that 001 uses, ODK uses “Scenes” to accomplish the same task.